It baffles me that some brides will pull out all the stops (and spend ridiculous amounts of money) to look their best, only to hire a below-par photographer to document the event.
If there is one thing you should not cut on, it’s the photos! Book the very best photographer for the style you love – even if it breaks the bank! This you will never regret! It is the most important day of your life, right?
But don’t think you can hand it all over to the photographer… There’s a lot you can do yourself to pull off that perfect look. In the next 3 posts, I will share a few tips and secrets that will not only make you look like a million dollars, but also help with self-confidence in front of the camera.
Our 3-part series of top tips for brides covers the full A to Z of getting to look your best in your wedding photos!
Part 1 – Importance of a Pre-wedding shoot
by Stefan Steenkamp
Wedding Photos Tips:
Book a Pre-Wedding Couple shoot
- Book a pre-wedding shoot with your photographer – This is paramount! It gives you the opportunity to see how the photographer works and for you to get comfortable in front of the camera.
- This session will be even more valuable for your husband-to-be. Most guys are quite camera shy and feel awkward when photographed. It can be a great confidence builder for them when they see the end results – Face it, half your couple photos will also have him in it!
- Getting these photos before the wedding day will not only put your mind at ease about making the right choice, but also highlight things you might want to change or bring to the attention of the photographer.
- The poses and type of photos taken in this session are very similar to those that will be taken during your couple shoot on the wedding day. During the E-session the photographer will give you valuable posing pointers.
- This is a good opportunity to have your make up and hair done professionally. Have the make up artist you are considering to book for your big day do a trial.
- And you know we’ll definitely be taking shots of your engagement ring, right? So make sure that it’s clean and sparkly.
- The whole purpose of the shoot is to capture exactly who you are and to show off your personalities. So just be yourself. Don’t pick an outfit that isn’t you. It will make you feel uncomfortable and trust me, it will show in the photos.
- Dress for the season.
- Think about wearing outfits that compliment each other and make sure they are colour coordinated.
- Mix it up a little! Bring at least two outfits and give yourself options for the day.
- Don’t wear white or khaki. This can make pale complexions seem washed out.
- And finally, have fun, laugh, kiss and just be in love with each other. We will take care of the rest!
Part 2 of this 3-part series will cover the do’s and don’t of the bridal preparations as well as the perfect formula for those epic group and family photos. Finally, Part 3 discusses Wedding Photos Tips, posing for your couple shoot and health and beauty tips.