Molenvliet Wedding Venue – Stellenbosch
Molenvliet Wedding Venue in Stellenbosch is the single venue in South Africa that we have worked at the most. Molenvliet is our number one venue in Stellenbosch. You might also be interested in our Tor 3 Venues in Stellenbosch.
The Banhoek Valley that lies between Stellenbosch and the small town of Pniel is arguable one of the most beautiful valleys in the world! This is where Molenvliet, a boutique wine estate with a lot of character and charm, lies. It is totally surrounded by mountains, with Kanokop on the one side and the Drakenstein Mountains on the other. Other well-known Estates in this stretch include Delaire Graff and Zorgvliet. The Estate is about 45 minutes by car from Cape Town and just 20 minutes from Franschhoek.
It will appeal to…
MolenVliet Wedding Venue is what we call an all-in-one venue. There are separate houses for the Bridal and Grooms preparations, countless ceremony options and an amazing main wedding hall for the reception. Having everything in one place, with so many options means you do not have to waste any time in travelling from or between your preps venue or ceremony location. Furthermore, the main reception hall is a blank canvas that can be transformed to fit in with just about any theme you want.
Ceremony Options at Molenvliet Wedding Venue
When it comes to spaces for wedding ceremonies, Molenvliet Wedding Venue has plenty to offer.
- The lawn of the Manor House – This beautiful outdoor setting is surrounded by huge established oak trees and perfectly manicured gardens and flanked by the Manor House. The driveway up to the manor house offers the perfect bridal car entrance and reveal.
- The lawn at the entrance fountain – similarly surrounded by beautiful gardens and close to the cottages and guest parking.
- The Lawn in the middle of the Vineyards – Imagine getting married right in the middle of the vineyards with river and mountain views!
- The Ageing Cellar that can accommodate up to 150 guests seated cinema-style. This venue is perfect for adverse weather conditions and is located right next to the reception venue.
One of my favourite traditions at Molenvliet is for the bride and groom to lead their wedding guests down the hill to the reception venue. The short, magical walk takes you through through the estate on a oak tree lined road the opens up into “The Street”, a road that runs through the scenic main block of vineyards.
Pre-dinner Drinks Spaces
All of the ceremony areas mentioned above can double up as outdoor pre-drinks areas. But added to that are also:
- The patio next to the reception venue – with views over the vineyards and Dwarsrivier that runs through the venue, this deck is my favourite. It is close to the bar, kitchen and ablution facilities but you still have that fantastic outdoor feel.
- The courtyard in front of the reception hall, this enclosed space with an open roof in the middle and covered perimeter can also be covered with a stretch tent for wet weather conditions. The perfect backup plan!
My favourite is the lawn in the middle of the vineyards! Just imagine sipping your bubbly while surrounded by vineyards and mountains while listening to some fine live entertainment and enjoying the company of your closest family and friends.
Molenvliet offers plenty of versatile reception spaces:
- The Main Venue with its “all-white” Colonial meets Cape Dutch style is designed to adapt to any wedding or event, without it ever looking the same. It is the perfect blank canvas! But apart from this main hall that can accommodate up to 250 guests. The rectangular shape means you can apply a multitude of floor plans so that no one wedding will look the same as the other. The hall also boasts with a very spacious modern bar area and a guest lounge with permanent furniture. Both areas are finished off with stylish checkered flooring.
- The open-air Courtyard, that overlooks the veranda and deck facing the Vineyards, this is perfect for smaller functions or can be utilised as a dance floor when the venue is at full pax.
- The Patio next to the venue – If you are looking for an open-air setting with all the convenience of the adjacent indoor space then this is a good option. This area is for great for smaller wedding parties and intimate weddings.
- The Vineyard lawns van be used to erect a marquee – Imagine a clear tent in summer and partying the night away under the stars!
Couple Photos at Molenvliet
When it comes to photo opportunities, MolenVliet has it all and more. This is a working wine farm that produces award winning wines, yet it is manicured to perfection to give a real feeling of opulence and style. Apart from the rolling vineyards, impressive old oaks and winding paths the estate also boasts with one of the most amazing backdrops in the mountains surrounding it.
And if you are worried that it might rain on your wedding day, fear not, the indoor options are just as plentiful. With an impeccably furnished and decorated Manor House and other under-roof facilities your indoor photos will totally match up to the quality of those taken on the rest of the estate.
Bar & Catering
The kitchen at the main reception hall is spacious and fully equipped, but no resident caterer, so you have to hire in your own and outside caterers are welcome.
The bar at the main reception venue is fully licensed and fully stocked. No third-party bar services are allowed and only Molenvliet wines can be served at weddings. Corkage fees apply only to Cap Classique and Champagnes.
Accommodation at Molenvliet Estate
Molenvliet’s biggest asset is the number of guests it can accommodate. The various Manor houses, cottages and guest suites can sleep a total of 54 people. This makes Molenvliet the boutique venue that can host the most guests to sleep over on the night of the wedding.
- Guest Cottages – MolenVliet has four exquisite double en-suite Cottages which is individually furnished with a log fireplace and various in-room facilities. The Cottages are ideally situated at the entrance of the Estate with close-by parking and boasts a private balcony overlooking the beautiful forest-like gardens.
- Mountain View Suites – The thirteen en-suite Mountain View Suites that overlook the Drakenstein Mountains and Estate Vineyards is the perfect hideaway for guests wanting to take in the immaculate views from their private balcony.
- The River Manor is nestled in the Vineyards overlooking the Simonsberg Mountains; this Boutique Guest House consists of four double en-suite bedrooms. the perfect space for the groom and his party to get ready in.
- The Manor House consists of six double en-suite rooms, with spectacular Vineyard and Mountain Views from the communal areas. Built-in a Cape Dutch Style, with immaculate gardens and a circular fountain at the entrance – this boutique guest house is the pinnacle of luxury accommodation and very apt bridal preparations location.
If you want to see more about Molenvliet that is our No 1 in our Top 3 Wedding Venues in Stellenbosch? Here are some of the events we have covered at the Amazing Molenvliet Wedding Venue:
- Jonathan & Nicole – Summer wedding
- Sulezi & Mutsa – Luxury wedding coordinated by Otto de Jager
- Lwanda & Tiro – Coordinated by Wedding Concepts
- Cisco & Lani – No seating plan – lounge setup
- Annual White Celebration 2014 – Luxury Wedding Industry Party
- High Profile Wedding – High Profile Wedding featured in Munaluchi Bride
- Allesandro & Delmarie – Italian pilot marries South African blonde