Jo and Jason’s Lake Como Destination wedding was the most fun I have had in my wedding photography career of 16 years!
Imagine spending a week with your closest family and friends, in one of the most exotic locations on earth, all while celebrating non-stop! This is exactly what Jo and Jason had in mind when they dreamed about their wedding and that dream became a reality in June. We’re so stoked to have been part of this special time with them – Every wedding should be like this!
Even though I do not think the awesomeness of this wedding could ever be replicated, I’ve listed their winning formula below.
Lake Como Destination Wedding Formula
- Tell your best friends and family to block out the hottest week in the European summer to come and celebrate your Lake Como Destination Wedding with you.
- Rent a Villa, in Lake Como, big enough to fit all 28 of your wedding guests – Note to self: “Must be fairytale-like, must have a romantic ceremony spot on the grounds…. and oh yes, must have an awesome pool, so guests can chill and party in the build-up to the big day”
- Get all of your wedding guests to pull their weight with the preparations of the ceremony and post ceremony drinks det-up
- Get your brother to conduct the ceremony
- Once all the formalities are done, get rid of your formal wedding attire and change into board shorts, swimming costumes and flip flops for the reception.
- Rent a boat to ferry you from the Villa to the reception venue that is just 500m from George Clooney’s house
- Party the night away at another top notch Villa in Lake Como
- Wind down the next two days with your friends by relaxing at a local beach and rent a ski boat to do a bit of wake boarding
- Oh yes – don’t forget to jump into the lake (dressed in your wedding dress and suit) on the post wedding shoot
- Fast forward 10 years and reflect on the most epic wedding week ever!
Jo and Jason – Thanks again for trusting Jaun and myself to capture your unforgettable Lake Como Destination Wedding! More details the ceremony and reception locations etc at the bottom of this post.
Photos – Stefan Steenkamp
Video – Jaun Buys
Ceremony – Villa Confalonieri – Mandello del Lario
Reception – Relais Villa Vittoria – Laglio
Wedding Photos – Villa Monestero & Mandello del Lario
If you are planning a destination wedding somewhere in the world, let us know. We travel anywhere and love new adventures and experiences. We offer custom photography and videography packages to suit your needs.
Have a look at some other the Destination Weddings we have covered over the years
Contact us for prices on your wedding photos & video